Friday 6 May 2016

A TRIBUTE TO RABINDRA NATH TAGORE


Rabindranath Tagore was an epitome of purity in thoughts. His deeds bestow upon us, a marvelous lesson as to how we can modernize our rich cultural heritage by reinvigorating it and feeling proud of its ineffable greatness, rather than appreciating falsehood and running after temporal illusions-' like a deer in search of kastoori, whereas the kastoori lies within it'. We have a rich cultural heritage but instead of perpetuating it, we are running blindly after the ‘so called’ western modernity. It is the prime cause of concern for us. It is the most potent reason behind the ever growing socio-political and moral degradation. We are forgetting our cultural and moral values, which is the the reason for the deteriorating social and political system.


Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love....
                                                                      ......RABINDRA NATH TAGORE  (GITANJALI)

2 comments: